The word rapture comes from the Greek word-harpazo which means caught up. It is a word used to describe the sudden appearance of Christ in the cloud and sudden disappearance of all believers(dead or alive) to meet with Him. Rapture is the instantaneous change of body and it bypasses death.1 Cor 15:51-52.
ATTRIBUTES OF RAPTURE
1. It is the hope of believers.1 Cor 15:19
2. It is the answer to the prayer of Jesus.John 17:24
3. It will happen suddenly and very quick.1 Cor 15:52
4. The time and the hour is unknown to man. Matt 24:44,24:36,1 Thess 5:1-2.
5. The place has already been prepared. John 14:3
6. It is for believers in Christ only
7. Glorious and blameless ones/church will be taken out of this world.it will be a surprise. Matthew 24:44
8. It is signless; it comes without warning.
9. It comes in the midst of peace,1 Thess 5:3, Luke 14:16-24.
10. Rapture is a transaction between the glorious church(bride) and Christ(Bridegroom)
HOW DO WE GET READY(PREPARE FOR RAPTURE?)
-Be born again. Repent of your sins, forsake them and fully trust only Jesus as payment for your sins.john 3:16, John 14:6,John 10:1
-Always place your faith in the Lord Jesus as your Saviour. Acts 16:31.
-Continue to study the HOLY BIBLE.2 Tim 2:15.
-Keep on worshipping HIM no matter what.
-Resist distractions, JAMES 4:7-10
-Always be watchful and sober.1 Thess 5:1-11
-Do not be a nominal Christian
-You must not have unrepentant heart.
-Do not have hate or un-forgiveness. Reject bitterness.
-Believe the rapture. Never entertain doubt at any time.
-Do not be too busy;do not be caught up in the cares of life. Matthew 25:38-39
-Live like the five wise virgins. Matthew 25:1-13.
Lessons learned from the parable:
1. They made up their mind to be saved.
2. They were very watchful
3. They are full of oil which is a picture of the Holy Spirit. In order to make rapture, we must be filled and sealed with the HOLY SPIRIT. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD. He is not the stepchild of Trinity. The fire must not be quenched. Leviticus 6:13.
WHY MUST WE PREPARE FOR RAPTURE?
1 Thess 4:16-17,1 Cor 15:51-53.
1.so that we will not be left behind.
2. So that we will not suffer double tragedy-missing the splendour of heaven and facing a greater judgement of God on earth. Rev 6:15-17
3. It will be very disastrous because we must pay with our blood if we have to keep our faith. Rev 13:7.Rev 13:10. PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO.
Pray with the song-
Make me ready 2x. Make me ready oh Lord. In the morning, in the noon, every day of my life, make me ready oh Lord.
1. BLESSED HOLY SPIRIT, SET ABLAZE IN MY LIFE EVERY WORLDLY ENTANGLEMENT ASSIGNED TO DISTRACT ME FROM THE COMING OF THE LORD IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
2. HOLY GHOST FIRE KEEP ME BURNING FOR THE LORD IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
3. FIRE IN THE WORD OF GOD, CONTINUE TO BE MY ETERNAL DRIVER IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
4. EVERY HANDWRITING OF ‘I SHALL NOT END WELL‘, I SET YOU ABLAZE NOW IN THE NAME OF JESUS.